Cowling village is a 5 minute drive or 25 minute walk from White House Farm
The village has a shop, a fish & chip shop, a pizza takeaway, a pub and a bistro. There is no cash machine in the village.
Further afield, eastwards & downhill towards Keighley is Cross Hills village which has a range of facilities including; general store /post office, Coop supermarket, chemist, doctors’ surgery, cafes, pubs, garages and a range of take-aways, restaurants, fish & chip shops, hair-dressers and various other businesses. There are 4 cash dispensers in Cross Hills, but no bank branches. You can cash cheques and withdraw cash at the Post Office
Bus The ‘M4’ bus route passes through Cowling along the main road from Keighley to Burnley normally every 30 minutes throughout the day in each direction and hourly in the evenings. The nearest bus stop is at ‘Green Syke’ which is about 15 minutes’ walk away.
Trains run on the Airedale Line from Bradford or Leeds to Skipton. Services are roughly every 20 minutes through the day in each direction. The nearest railways stations are Steeton & Silsden or Cononley.
Local taxi firms serve the area
- Aireside 01535 630000
- Steeton & Silsden 01535 65 65 66
Places to eat
Cowling Village: 5 mins drive – 25/30 mins walk
- Cowling Chippy – Open for Lunch and Tea until 7:00pm . Closed Sunday And Monday
- Harlequin Bistro – Weds-Sat: 5.30-9pm/ Sun 12-7pm. Book first. A la Carte plus Bar Snacks.
- The Bay Horse – Pub food
Glusburn: 8 mins drive – 45 mins walking
- The Dog and Gun – Pub food / Open every lunchtime & evening
- Glusburn Chippy
Cross Hills: 10 mins drive – 60 mins walking
- 22 The Square – Bistro Bar
- The Old Bank – Bistro Bar
- Two Chinese Takeaways
- Two Fish & Chip Shops
- Indian Takeaway
- The Old White Bear – pub food
- Gallagher’s Ale House – micro pub
Black Lane Ends – under 10 mins drive – 40 mins walking
- The Black Lane Ends Tavern – Open for food every evening until 9:00pm
Laneshawbridge: – 7 mins drive
- The Alma – (Pub with restaurant prices)
- The Emmott Arms – pub food
Lothersdale: – 10/15 mins drive – 50 mins walk via Pennine Way
- The Hare & Hounds – pub food